I pulled out my old trusty friend... the "Xyron 150" sticker maker. If you make your own diecuts and letters using cricut or similiar cutting machines... the xyron 150 makes them into stickers. Remember that you can only fit up to 1 1/2" in the xyron 150. You will need the 250 or larger, xyron, to make larger diecuts into stickers. Then you also need to decide if you want permanent adhesive (I recommend it) or repositionable. In my experience, repositionable adhesive is only used while you make a layout that you aren't sure the placement of items on, yet. THEN... you will want to add permenant. An ugly extra step, that seems to be a waste of time to me. I found all my embelly's at the bottom of my page protector, when I used repo. glue or gluesticks too for that matter.
One more tip... to save glue in the xyron machine, simply load the diecuts or letters so that they overlap one another. You just need enough glue on them for them to stick. I got all my letters on about 8 " of tape, instead of probally 20" is I had the letters all seperately glued. Hope the pic helps show that.
I also had cut my letters from the cricut. I then peeled the paper off the mat, leaving the letters on the mat. I then used a sanding block (tim holtz has a new mini sized block for paper crafting) and sanded a bit of the cardstock letters, before removing them to be glued. This only works on cardstock that has one color on each side or a center white core in the paper. Otherwise you wouldn't see the sanded part more than a little texture.
Darn it, the pic is sideways... LOL Click on it, and turn your head. :) Ha-ha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment