Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bird Watching... a newer passion.

     Have you ever had time to take a moment for yourself?  I get these moments more and more, as my kids grow older.  I often take these snips of time, to enjoy a walk in nature.  One of the things that my adventure in Texas allowed me to learn to afford.  I can bring along my camera, and stare through the lens.  "What was THAT?"  "Oh, it was a bird.  Whoa, did you see THAT bird?"  "It has a red tip on it's head."  "Or Look!, that one is all blue."  "Quick, focus, it's going to leap to that branch."  "Wait, no... it's taking flight!"
     I believe I have found a way, to take a breathe; and forget everything that is bouncing in my head.  I can simply enjoy these seconds in time.  Although, it is always a step above amazing, when my kids come with me.  Whether it's a step that my son takes, onto the porch with me, to have a little chat.  Or a walk to a local park with my daughter, to enjoy whatever we may see/do. I know that I can always enjoy my alone time too.  Have you taken a moment to remember "me" lately?










    I've learned that life is not forgiving.  The moments of stress and heartache are plentiful.  Allowing yourself to steal a moment, take advantage even, just to "watch the birds"; everyone should try. 

No comments:

Gotta have my Coca-Cola!!

Gotta have my Coca-Cola!!